Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Connectivism



How has your network changed the way you learn? My network is very internet based, since I spend the majority of my time on the computer. I have specific websites that I visit for information, whether it be personal or professional. I feel I am a visual learner, but I do prefer to have some reading material when I learn. The best tool for me is a text based description with either a still image or a video supplement. Audio by itself does not do it for me, and I prefer to have information right at my fingertips- if I have to follow a bunch of links to get where I am going I generally give up. As far as learning goes, I need immediate gratification. If I have questions and I am looking up information on the internet, I generally will start at FAQ sections (if applicable), and as a last resort, I will contact the person responsible for the information. I learn best when left to my own research and methods that suit my time and method of learning.

Responded to:
David http://8845ltedtech.blogspot.com/

Temeka
http://temekashingles.tumblr.com/post/16500211309/module-4-post-educ-7105-connectivism-mindmap#disqus_thread

1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    I think that many of us in this program share the same idea when it comes to learning in a distance education setting and that is to have been provided with the time and method of learning. Because we have such an open opportunity to explore concepts in the manner that is best suitable for us, I think that not only do we excel in our learning, but develop a more in-depth knowledge of concepts within our field of practice.

    What is your field of practice? You stated that you spend most of your time on the computer. Does this relate to your outside working environment or within? Does your network connections and consistant use of internet-based research and learning appear to have influenced a change in the way you learn?

    ReplyDelete